Header

Monday 4 January 2016

Gordon's Alive!!!

Yup, still here, you don't get rid of me that easily I'm afraid!

So 'Happy New Year' one and all.  I had planned on blogging a little over the holidays, but honestly, switching off, literally and metaphorically was really bloody lovely.


Christmas was a family, food and TV-fuelled affair; the kids had a wonderful time too, and that's what matters.

The only fly in the ointment was my car's power-steering pump failing, so an unexpected home-rescue and unplanned-for expenditure wasn't the best timed.  It must have broken as we arrived home on Christmas night, but within an hour of discovering a problem on Bank Holiday Monday, the car had been towed to the garage by a literally passing RAC man, (here before I got off the phone), and he'd dropped me off at my sister-in-law's in time for lunch!  The garage were stars as always and had it fixed by New Year's Eve.  It could have been so much worse!

Today dear husband and son were back to the daily slog, the girls had an Inset day, so we have packed up Christmas for another year.

I have also managed a little sewing already, but more on that soon.

I meant to get photos of all my Christmas makes, but easier said than done, I will try to remember tomorrow.

I didn't link up with the 2015 Q4 FAL, because of the 4 I listed, I finished nothing!  Although Helen has won my hexies which I am ashamed to say are still awaiting an additional prize before I mail them, so that's my other goal for tomorrow!

For rest of the year I am planning on getting stuff finished too.  My WiP list is actually at an all-time high/low, and they are all things I really want to finish.  So I am going to try not to start anything new until I have finished at least one WiP; old, new, old, new or maybe even old, old, old!  Well it's sort of a plan.

I am also going to try to get into a better blogging rhythm, although I have not quite decided what that means yet.  I don't want to feel obliged to blog when really I have nothing to say or show, life is too short for us all, but I don't want the tumbleweeds to take over!  Let me have a ponder.

2015 was not my favourite year by a long shot, so I am really pleased to shut that door and look forward to happier times.  It goes for my blog and online presence as well as my private life, I am going to focus my energies on doing things that make me happy, cutting the clutter, (3 bin-bags of clothes to charity already today!), numerous apps deleted, and procrastination and heel-dragging are things of the past.  My word of the year will be lighter.

Now I just need to burn off all that Christmas cake and even more scarily, venture into my Inbox!  I doubt there is anything important amongst the Sales and unbelievable and probably out of date season's offerings, but best be brave, I may be some time!  xxx

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a (near) perfect Christmas! Wishing you a happy and healthy 2016! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a wonderful New Year and look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year, wishing you a year of happiness, fun, and fabric. Christmas sounds wonderful, we all did a lot of food, resting, and films at our house too which was just what we needed. My word for 2016 is Enjoy, there was a lot of change in my life last year and this year I need to make time to enjoy what is happening and also find some time for me in amongst all the bustle. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, I'm so glad you're back! Hope the break has left you refreshed - you certainly seem ready to grab 2016 by the throat and make it a good 'un! I'm also trying to get into a blogging rhythm (not even a better one, any one will do!) so I'll be watching and learning!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx