This weekend I fulfilled my January Bee commitments. I like that feeling of being up to date.
Firstly I made the next instalment of this year's Brit Bee quilt. In December/January we were/are all making the block designed by Jo, and I was making for the lovely Jude.
This was a challenge of a block as you can see! It, as with all the Brit Bee blocks, measures up at 15(.5)" x 30(.5)", and thankfully mine worked out that way.
As an aside, I have one of those appliqué flowers sitting awaiting completion for my My Small World, which has been sat neglected next to the sofa all Christmas; however I got all 6 of these stitched on Saturday afternoon! I will finally get mine sewn tomorrow, that's my plan!
The brain-ache block finished, I set to Susan's blocks for Stitch Tease. More of a challenge in the fabric pulling department, jewel-toned, tone-on-tone, no white, wonky log cabins with a navy 'log' in each block. I think I managed it…
So that's me up to date with everyone.
Tomorrow, (daytime), I am going to shut myself off from the stresses of school re-organisation, work relocation and all the stuff and nonsense that has begun to fill my days, and try to crack on with some of my WIP sewing. I'll hopefully get everything into some order to write a FAL post to keep me on track, (ahem).
Tomorrow evening I will back on the campaign trail, a meeting at dear son's school with the Council which has the makings of being rather lively! So don't wait up xxx