Header

Monday 4 March 2013

What goes up...

...must come down.  And I feel like I have come down from this weekend with a great big bump.

Not helped by dear hubby bumbling about in the dark at 5am getting ready for a work trip, me remembering the girls needed photos of the house for school 5 minutes before we were meant to leave, (more haste, less speed on that one, there were swear words aplenty), then a 2 hour workshop about something I care nothing for at work and the usual rounds of school, swimming, feeding, bedtimes and the like.

At least the sun shone.

It also dawned on me that this month I really need to make the final block and piece all 8 for Dianne's Stitch Tease quilt top; so I laid out all the others I have received and pulled the fabric for my mega-pinwheel block in the 5 minutes between work and school...


The heron print is my signature fabric, a piece of which appears in all the blocks and strips I have made.  I made this and a few others after tea, but will leave the layout until my day off.

Also on my radar for this Wednesday's sewing session is my Orbit quilt top.  I cut all the fabric yesterday...


I am really hoping, this will come together super quickly, because I fell in love with the Modern Meadow fabrics all over again and want to see it all sewn up as soon as possible.

19 comments:

  1. Busy day! Only remedy to coming down from the weekend with a bump is to plan another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it must have been catching from the weekend, you all seem like you're in a bit of a grump, oh well, Susans right, organise yourself another weekend, and stop being such a misery, you obviously had a great time! Enjoy your sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have the same syllabus as us this term - last month I had to send my husband out in the near-darkness of the early evening to take a photo of our house for DD1 to take into school on the Monday morning. A few days later we then had a frenzied bedroom tidy as she needed a photo of that too! I am right there with you and your frustration with the school run and all of its associated b*llox - my total sewing output today was to chain piece 8 x 4" seams today. Not even a yard of sewing. Rubbish. Didn't even get to press them!

    On a happier note, I love your Orbit fabrics - Joel Dewberry is a legend! Great pattern, looks like it's going to be a cracker x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its horrid coming back from a great weekend and straight back to the mundane :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love Wednesday sewing days! You'll have that one done by the weekend then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean! T and I were both a bit flat driving to the airport today! Wish we all lived nearer! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Modern Meadow is awesome, no doubt. I hope that Wednesday will be a wonder for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's hope Tuesday goes quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to a productive Wednesday. I know what you mean about the bump! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some lovely fabrics there, I hope the week improves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always hard to get sorted after a fun day with friends. Then real life hits. Hopefully you'll be back to normal and can get to sewing those lovely fabrics for your orbit quilt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you imagine what forgotten school tasks were like when my children were growing up...with no computer?? Just when you are putting the packed lunches into backpacks and you find a letter down the bottom with request for tasks or cash needed that day!
    Anyway glad you got your fabric cut, it feels good doesnt it when you manage to clear the next stage of your project? Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your week gets better again - lovely fabric for your Orbit quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you've perked up a bit and that a day without work and with sewing will bring you back up to your usual level of cheer x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharing in your *bump* too.
    But Orbit looks like its going to turn out bl**dy amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is nearly Wednesday! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hate days like that - hope you have had a better one today :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pants start to the day. Hope it got much better when the Joel Dewberry came out to play. x

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx